Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version. dismiss

HomeOff Topic

Off Topic

no shortage of big Messages in this topic - RSS

yyys123
yyys123

yyys123
yyys123
There was no shortage of big names moved over the final 24 hours before the NHLs trade deadline. But at the same time, several of the prominent players who were most talked about ahead of the deadline frenzy ended up staying put after 3pm et on Wednesday. Front and centre on that list was Ryan Kesler, who was not dealt by the Vancouver Canucks despite rumours of strong interest from a number of NHL teams - especially the Pittsburgh Penguins. The Canucks did not get the package they were seeking to trade the 29-year-old centre. "We entertained multiple offers in multiple situations and none of them fit with our long-term vision," explained Canucks general manager Mike Gillis after the deadline had passed. "When youre under-performing like we are, you get calls from lots of teams about lots of players." With two years remaining on his contract at $5 million per season, Kesler was an attractive target for teams as a cost-effective two-way veteran who could add some scoring punch. After the deadline passed Kesler still had the endorsement of his head coach. "Kesler has been our most consistent and hardest working player. I dont have to say a word to him," said head coach John Tortorella. In Calgary, many expected forward Mike Cammalleri to be traded for the third time in his 10-year NHL career. But the 31-year-old remains with the Flames despite being eligible for unrestricted free agency this summer. Flames president of hockey operations and acting general manager Brian Burke explained afterwards that the team will continue to talk to Cammalleri about a contract extension. "I think Mike Cammalleri has been an ultimate professional," said Burke. "Prices on all the packages dropped. We reacted and dropped our price but nothing made sense for us." In New Jersey, there was speculation that Martin Brodeurs career-long tenure with the Devils might have been coming to an end with the 41-year-old eligible to become an unrestricted free agent on July 1. Playing primarily as Cory Schneiders back-up this season, Brodeur was thought to be willing to waive his no-trade clause if general manager Lou Lamoriello had interest in moving him. But as the deadline passed, Brodeur remained with the Devils to complete his 20th season and Lamoriello was not happy about the rumours that had circulated about his veteran netminder. "Its just a shame that without no substance at different times and no facts that people say things," Lamoriello said. Lamoriello was not even willing to disclose if Brodeurs name had come up in trade talks at all. "Why are we dealing in hypotheticals, I have no idea," Lamoriello said. "Its not the case. So why we react and try to look for something thats no there and create a story out of nothing." Jordan Clarkson Jersey . The league-leading New York Rangers outhit and outmuscled the Maple Leafs during a 3-0 victory on Saturday. Backup goalie Martin Biron stopped all 20 shots he faced to complete a nice workmanlike effort by the visitors. Tyrone Hill Jersey . Henry, who missed three games with a knee injury, was charged with a handball in the penalty area in the 82nd minute as he went to block a strike from Patrick Mullins. On the ensuing penalty kick, Lee Nguyen picked up his fourth goal of the season, giving the Revolution a 2-1 win Saturday afternoon. http://www.cavaliersbasketballpro.info/terrell-brandon-cavaliers-jersey/ . The Brazilian-born strikers brace drew him level with Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo as the leagues leading scorers with 17 goals apiece through 16 rounds. "The important thing is to help the team win, not the goals," Diego Costa said. After a first half dominated by defence, Atletico pressed Valencia into its area and Diego Costa did the rest. Kevin Love Jersey . The top-ranked Spaniard won his fourth Madrid Open on Sunday after Kei Nishikori was forced to withdraw with a hip injury when trailing 2-6, 6-4, 3-0 in the final. And Nadal, who is coming off to uncharacteristic quarterfinal losses on clay, said his mental strength is still lacking just two weeks ahead of the French Open. LeBron James Jersey . It was considered unlikely that Rielly would be loaned to Canada for the tournament, which begins Dec. 26 in Malmo, Sweden, though a stretch of three straight games in the press box made it something of a debate.SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. -- The Smallrus finally hoisted a big PGA Tour trophy. Kevin Stadler, the 33-year-old son of major champion Craig "The Walrus" Stadler, won the Phoenix Open on Sunday for his first PGA Tour victory. Stadler won when playing partner Bubba Watson missed a five-foot par putt on 18. "It was a little weird way to win a golf tournament," Stadler said. "I fully expected him to make the putt. I would have rather made mine to win it." Stadler closed with a 3-under 68 for a one-stroke victory over Watson and Graham DeLaet of Weyburn, Sask. Watson shot 71, and DeLaet had a 65. "He beat me," Watson said. "Hes a great player." Stadler won in his 239th tour start, earning a spot in the Masters -- a tournament his father won in 1982. The Stadlers are the ninth father-son winners in tour history and will be the first to play in the same Masters. "Its going to great for me because its really my last one," said Craig Stadler, a 13-time PGA Tour winner with nine Champions Tour victories. "I kept saying, When he gets in, thats my last one. ... Im proud of him. Its awesome." Kevin Stadler finished at 16-under 268 at TPC Scottsdale, his home course. Raised in Colorado, he played in Denver Broncos colours, wearing an orange shirt and blue pants and hat. What was he thinking when Watson was standing over his par putt on 18? "How long the playoff was going to take and how long until I can watch the football game?" Stadler said. After Stadler and Watson each saved par after hitting into the water on the par-5 15th, Stadler tied Watson for the lead with a par on the par-3 16th hole. Watson hit into the front left bunker on the stadium hole and his six-footer missed to the left. At the 347-yard 17th, they each drove the green and two-putted for birdie from 90 feet -- Watson holing out from 18 feet and Stadler from 5. On the par-4 18th, Stadler hit his 110-yard approach to the back right pin to 10 feet. Watson drove into the right rough and hammered his 120-yard second over the green. Watson bladed his shot from the trampled rough into the bank next to the green and it ran five feet past the hole. After Stadler missed his birdie try and tapped in for par, Watsons par try slid by the left side. "I thought I hit a good putt, but obviously I misread that, too," Watson said.dddddddddddd Stadler birdied the par-4 ninth to take a one-stroke lead over Watson, but fell behind with a double bogey on the par-4 11th. Stadler took a penalty stroke for an unplayable lie after driving into a Buckhorn Cholla and missed a 4-foot bogey try. "Cactus and short putt and all that was on one hole," Stadler said. "Eleven has had my number for years. I butcher that hole every year." Stadler likely will move up high enough in the world ranking to get one of the last spots in the 64-man Match Play Championship this month outside Tucson. Stadlers previous biggest win was in Australia in the European Tours 2006 Johnnie Walker Classic. In that event, he hit a 3-iron to a foot for an eagle on the final hole for a two-stroke victory. He also won the Argentine Open that winter and has four Nationwide Tour wins. "Its been a long time since I won anything," Stadler said. "Its pretty special." Watson is winless since the 2012 Masters. "I was a challenging day," Watson said. "Again, its the same thing, just waiting on every tee box and waiting on every shot." Hunter Mahan and Japans Hideki Matsuyama tied for fourth at 14 under. Mahan, the 2010 winner, finished with a 68, and Matsuyama shot 69. DeLaet bogeyed the 15th after hitting into the water, but rallied with birdies on the final two holes. He also tied for second last week at Torrey Pines. "I have been playing well for the last few months," DeLaet said. "I really feel like I worked super hard in the off-season. Its nice to see it paying off." Phil Mickelson closed with a 71 to tie for 42nd at 3 under. Lefty was making his 25th appearance in the event he won in 1996, 2005 and 2013. "My game is not far off, even though the score says that it is," Mickelson said. "It was just a fraction off." He showed no signs of the back pain that forced him to withdraw at Torrey Pines, and will play next week at Pebble Beach. "Back feels great," Mickelson said. The event drew an estimated 563,008 fans, breaking the seven-day record of 538,356 set in 2008. The tournament drew a golf-record 189,722 on Saturday and 60,232 on Sunday. Cheap Buffalo Sabres Gear Wholesale Calgary Flames Jerseys Cheap Adidas Colorado Avalanche Jerseys Montreal Canadiens Outlet Store Wholesale New Jersey Devils Jerseys Adidas Arizona Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Adidas Boston Bruins Jerseys Cheap Adidas Carolina Hurricanes Jerseys Chicago Blackhawks Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Columbus Blue Jackets Jerseys Dallas Stars Shop Free Shipping Cheap Adidas Detroit Red Wings Jerseys Anaheim Ducks Jerseys China Wholesale Edmonton Oilers Jerseys Florida Panthers Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Los Angeles Kings Jerseys Minnesota Wild Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Nashville Predators Jerseys Cheap Adidas New York Islanders Jerseys New York Rangers Winter Classic Jerseys Cheap Adidas Ottawa Senators Jerseys Cheap Adidas Philadelphia Flyers Jerseys Wholesale Pittsburgh Penguins Jerseys Cheap Adidas San Jose Sharks Jerseys St. Louis Blues Winter Classic Jerseys Wholesale Tampa Bay Lightning Jerseys Toronto Maple Leafs Outlet Store Vancouver Canucks Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Vegas Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Adidas Washington Capitals Jerseys Cheap Adidas Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '
0 permalink